The Distinguished Alumni Awards program celebrates a group of College of DuPage alumni who have achieved outstanding accomplishments in their chosen career and have demonstrated outstanding service to the local community.
Only nominations submitted using the online form will be considered. No additional materials, including website references, will be considered.
To qualify for consideration for the Distinguished Alumni Awards, candidates must have completed course work, certification program and/or graduated with an Associate degree at least 15 years prior to the nomination (2001 or before).
To qualify for consideration for the new Outstanding Recent Alumni Award, candidates must have completed course work, certification program and/or graduated with an Associate degree between the years 2002—2016.
Self-nominations are accepted, but require that at least one recommendation letter from a colleague, current or former employer, or a current or former employee of the College of DuPage. Letters must be received by the Alumni Relations office no later than February 10, 2017.
To qualify for consideration, candidates must additionally:
- be alumni of College of DuPage, defined as having earned a degree, certificate, or completed 30 or more credit hours
- have made notable career moves and shown professional growth within their chosen field
- makes a positive impact on their community through leadership and active volunteering
- agree to attend the awards ceremony and reception in November 2017
- agree to return to the College of DuPage campus at least once within the year to present, participate in panel or roundtable discussions, or other student engagement activities
Only nominations submitted through the online nomination form will be accepted.
You will be asked to provide the following information for the nomination form. Forms must be completed in one sitting. There is no option to save the form for completion at a later date. In preparation for submitting a nomination, please be prepared to submit the following:
- Your contact information
- Contact information for the candidate, including current and previous employer information
- Approximate College of Dupage attendance dates (if unsure, there is an option for that)
- Area of study while at College of DuPage (if unsure, there is an option for that)
- Additional education/degrees, universities attended, graduation dates, student activities (optional)
- Military Service
- Required statements about the candidate's leadership in the following areas:
- Leadership in Profession
- Career and Education Achievements (1,000 character limit)
- For example: developed programs, career growth, education honors, exceeded company benchmarks, etc.
- Recognition in Profession (1,000 character limit)
- For example: awards received, published works in industry-related periodicals, etc.
- Professional Engagement (1,000 character limit)
- For example: membership and/or leadership in a professional organization, speaker at a conference, etc.
- Leadership in Volunteerism
- Volunteer Activities (1,000 character limit)
- Includes community, health, education or other volunteer accomplishments
- Leadership in Community (1,000 character limit)
- Includes elected, appointed or other active leadership roles
- Philanthropic Support (1,000 character limit)
- Includes volunteer time or financial support
- Impact of COD (3,000 character limit) about the impact COD has had on the nominee at the time of attendance and/or beyond (such as influential professors, counselors, academic support or other staff)
- Engagement with COD (3,000 character limit) about how the nominee has stayed connected with COD (such as promoting COD, attending or leading COD events, mentoring COD students, donating time and/or money to COD programs or scholarships)
- Other Information (1,500 character limit) describing any other pertinent information the committee should know
Please note that any previously nominated individuals not selected for the Distinguished Alumni awards cab be re-nominated for consideration
For questions, please contact the College of DuPage Foundation and Alumni Relations office at (630) 942-2462.